This is a fantastic infographical video presenting current situation and future forecast for the Internet in 2015.
So the key facts here are:
1. Number of people accessing the Internet through mobile devices will grow from 14 million to 788 million by 2015. Number of smartphones will grow from 500 million today to 2.5 billion in 2015.
2. Cloud computing to become a $173 billion industry
3. Social networking is the most popular way to use Internet nowadays and this trend will remain for years ahead. Email is going down.
4. Number of applications and software installed on mobile devices will overgrow PC installations by 2015.
5. Mobile Internet will outnumber a classical Internet use.
So it seems all types of services related to web (client services, design and development) will also shift towards mobile platforms very soon as well.